Aroha Kaikorai Valley - Where to start
We have defined a loose area to focus on but the long term view is to be supporting projects anywhere in the valley right down to the estuary and the coastline.
Really it's a question of where to start
The obvious starting point is the area each side of the stream and then working out and up the valley walls.
The map below shows a starting boundary, but think of it as an indication of what the future might hold.
- The water in the stream as clean as it can be
- Weeds removed and replaced with natives
- Strategic planting of significant trees
- A trap on every residential and commercial section
- The valley filled with birdsong
The valley is nicely positioned to connect Glenleith, The Town Belt and Chain hills together as a a corridor for birds to move around the different areas of Dunedin.
Contact us to find out more about Aroha Kaikorai Valley